TUSC

Friday, December 09, 2005

I Take It Back!!!

I shouldn't have made fun of the recent lack of snow earlier this week. It came back to bite me in the bum today! Ok, 'twas my own fault that I delayed the burning of the CDs ofr tonight's party until I got home last night. LOL But I completely forgot that I never installed a burner on my rig... I left it on the server. So when I got home at 2, I had to tear them both apart (pain to tear apart the liquid-cooled server) and splice the burner onto my VapoChill case. Ok, no problem. Next? Pan through the music I have collected and pull out the songs I want, enough for roughly 3 hours of play. Done and done. The tricky part now is that I have not burned a CD in forever.... it's brainless, yes, but it took me a while to figure out how to correctly convert MP3s back to WAV files. Yay. And then? Just sit back and let the burner do it's thing. Which is all well and good. Did I mention I haven't burned any music CDs in several years? I TOTALLY forgot that CD-RWs won't always play in cd-players.... it depends on how new or pricy they are. So the first two CDs are trash unless I can score some CD-Rs... which Tori is bringing when she comes down. PHEW!! Close call. What a pain! I didn't get to sleep until 6:30 burning these hockery pucks! LOL

And then the snow... cleared my car off, got out the driveway... but there was a palpable layer of ice under it all and I could not maintain enough momentum going up my hill to make it. I tried half a dozen times before going home. Then my dad tried with his Acura... which he was bragging will "get us right out"... until we didn't even make it as far as the Crown Vic. The town did not plow ALL DAY. Dad finally gave up after a number of tries when he TOOK OUT OUR NEIGHBOR'S MAILBOX with the car... LOL So we called it a day to wait for the plows... which never came. Finally tried again... did some more shoveling of the town road (had done some earlier) and managed to escape. So, you know, as the boss I showed up at 3pm. How embarrassed was I? Plus? Down towards the shore here they have half the snow I do! So my day has been a long one. I'm tired and sore and just want to get through the party, go home and crash in front of a movie with Tori.

She is so cool. =) Have I said that enough lately to everyone I meet? No? I'll have to say it again. She already knows, I tell her all the time. =P Got to love those Italian/Irish mixes... best of both worlds!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home