TUSC

Friday, November 25, 2005

Holidays At Their Very Best

I love that warm snuggly feeling from having family all around. Or maybe I'm still verschnickered from last night? Thanksgiving was pretty great this year. Who could ask for a better accompaniment than several inches of snow? It was a rather nice touch! Of course, I offered to pick up Tori since we would be making the rounds all day, so I trudged off through the snow and ice (yes, ice in Wallingford and Durham) to get her. I love wintery weather when it is dark and snowing or bright and sunny, I just wish there was a way to be rid of those dark damp days in between when there is just slush and muck everywhere.

Thanksgiving was a good event. My Uncle, the Town Councilman, came to dinner with us. Gram blessed us with her presence. The Stones were not in attendance this year, as Sharon likely was playing hostess. Dinner was BUNDABAH! (sp) I personally had roughly two helpings worth of everything.... turkey, STUFFING!, corn, 'taters, sweet 'taters, greens, and plenty of chardonnay. Tori's pumpkin cookies were kick-ass for dessert, especially if warmed up with a bit of ice cream... yum!

Everyone hung around and chatted for a while afterwards. Mostly, it was my family sharing entertaining and embarrassing stories from throughout my life. I did my very most valiant best, but still succumbed to at least a 10 minute nap in the den. LOL When I re-emerged, topics of me were still on the table. I made sure to correct as much fallacious information as possible. ;)

Pretty neat thing... never had it before... (drumroll) But the grandmother took me aside and said how lovely my girlfriend was and how much she liked her. =) That made me happy. I love my gram and hope to be as much the patriarch to my clan as she has ever been the matriarch to all growing up. =)

So, yes, T-Day was good this year. Went back to Tori's place, had some more desserts and spent time w/ her bros and one of their friends. Quite the lively, silly bunch! I fit right in! I think they're as nuts as I am. Tori and I retreated to the den where we watched several episodes of Family Guy before passing out on the couch. She is the first truly warm-blooded female I have ever met. Many girls are generally cold all the time, or perhaps just luke-warm. Tori is as much a furnace as I am. If we stay close to each other for too long, we begin to bake! It makes a good excuse for shedding a layer or two. ;)

I felt bad, though. She invited me to stay over so we could stay up late and so I could have an easier commute, but she never told me she would be sleeping on the couch. I felt SO bad! I don't want to displace anyone. Regardless, I don't think she went down to the couch until close to 4, but I still felt bad... ish. =P

Work today is at a relaxed pace. I'm just jotting this down on my break. Ate breakfast here, just a bagel + cream cheese, then went to get my mail... omg... some angelic soul made FUDGE and brought it in for all the department heads. OMG, it is so good! I need to go get milk! =) Soon, I'll go down and help set up the Christmas decorations in the main hall. After that, it's out to Centerbrook for lunch w/ Miss Tori... that'll probably be the end of work for the day, so I scheduled lunch for 1 or 1:30. Tonight? I believe there was an interest expressed in seeing Rent, which I must admit I am curious to see. In the past, I have not often gone to see musicals or plays in the theatre. That is slowly changing, and there are SO many good productions right in CT now. Anything beyond that, I'm not sure of tonight. Perhaps Rob will join me for some gaming tomorrow. I've invited Tori to swing by in the evening... she's curious to watch 'The Purple Heart Sword' and maybe we can con Rob (and Shelley) into some bowling and beer? Or cards and beer? Anything... plus beer.

Have a good Friday, all. I hope Thanksgiving was as gleeful an event for everyone as it has been for me.

::Buuuuurp!:: Could you please pass the stuffing? Thanks!

4 Comments:

Blogger Tusc said...

LOL - quick sidenote: those 'razors' you girls shave with... how the heck do you use them? They shave NOTHING. It took me about 7 passes this morning to scrape my face just generally clear of stubble. Smooth though I felt, I still looked like I had shaved several hours earlier. Better than having that Hollywood scruffage look at work, but still not great. Guess I'll have to keep a stock of items at her different places.

Any other movies out this weekend? Only ones I can think of as having an interest in are Rent, Walk the Line, and Ice Harvest.

10:39 AM

 
Blogger Tusc said...

Oh! I know... isn't Pride & Prejudice coming out?

10:41 AM

 
Blogger Tusc said...

Sorry, I feel chatty today..

This just struck me as being rather entertaining...

TO: Members of the Resident Council Committee

Due to a modest imperfection in your Interim Secretary's mind, the minutes of the last meeting indicated the next meeting would be on December 6. Would you please reorganize your calendars to show the correct date to be DECEMBER 13.

Btw, I think Cheston to be an interesting name. Perhaps not for my heir, but interesting just the same.

10:52 AM

 
Blogger Tusc said...

Other fun weekend activities to enjoy... the Festival of Lights in Hartford, the lights at Hubbard park in Meriden, the steam train here in Essex is doing a North Pole ride for kids/families, Trans-Siberian Orchestra is at Mohegan tonight, "Safe in Hell" is still playing at the Yale Rep .... wait, wait.... there's a Huskies game this weekend, isn't there? CRAP...

Rob, I'll call ya and figure this one out...

For all the stuff to do, why do I feel like just sitting on my duff at home all weekend? Probably because I am just wishing I didn't have to get up this morning. =P

11:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home