TUSC

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Perfect Fall Sunday

Yay. Today seems pretty good out. I mean, classic cold cloudy day out there. MMMmmm, great day to be bundled up warmly. Especially after yesterday's 6 hour sopping tour of three separate towns. Surprisingly, my legs are not complaining today. I thought for sure I'd be partly crippled by today. Score one for the home team. And score one for warm puppies who lay at your feet and keep your toes toasty. =)

::sigh:: Yes, it's Sunday and sometime soon I must traverse the crossroads to the place of my employment. Huzzah! Boy, isn't that JUST what I want to do on a Sunday? Grumble.... Ah well, but I only have to do some paperwork and figure out the finalities of the wage model. Not too shabby. I was thinking of taking this Friday off, but our new DOM will be here. Monday it shall be! Score another for 3-day weekends with a 4-day week that still has a Friday to look forward to. =) You know it!

Just spent a long time hanging out with my grams. She came to visit and brought her world-famous apple pie. I have already put a very palpable dent in it and feel no remorse. Besides, even with the exercise yesterday, I'm sure I consumed a TON of calories already. So what's a piece of pie going to do?

All these nice touches this weekend. Friends, family, memories, bonding....and pie! Even being out in the woods made me feel "at home". So despite going to work, I'm still feeling this very comfortable sort of natural high. Not too shabby.

In the activity world.... well, Chelsey still calls. No shocker there. Amber? You know, I sort of was wanting there to be more? Good background, wealthy family (and by that I mean legitimately ungodly marble columns, Jeeves in a tuxedo, private 4-seat jet wealthy) etc. A VERY sweet girl, too. All that and good taste in music, just the quiet non-decisive passive personality isn't flying. Beautiful big eyes and smile, too. Damn. I thought maybe she's scared, because I know she had a bad deal before. So I gave it time, but I'm just not feelin' it. I want someone sure of themselves, who can be my equal toe-to-toe. I hate being put in the position where I am required to make 100% of all decisions, and then get comments because the other person did not participate. Been there, done that. No thanks. Grow up.

So now that I've been kind of clearing out ye' olde black cell phone book (Grey, actually) it feels like I'm in a slow period. Which is GOOD! I need to sleep sometime. Refer to previous post regarding said foreign concept of nightly rest periods. LOL But tonight I'ma go out w/ Jailynn for dinner. We don't have firm plans yet as to where, but there must be someplace between Essex and Colchester worth stopping at. Although she's not in Colchester now. I've got some other cookies baking (yes, that's my own perfectly corny dorky phrase) so we'll see what's cookin' by the end of the week. Got a busy one coming up.

Anyway, cheers to an awesome weekend! I'm off to lounge in the wicked hot melt-your-skin bathtub for an hour, and then off to Sex Meadows as one of my "D 'ol B" residents calls it. LOL =)

Ciao for now!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tusc said...

For your consideration, another cool song dedication.

David Bowie - Space Oddity

Ground Control to Major Tom
Ground Control to Major Tom
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on

Ground Control to Major Tom
Commencing countdown, engines on
Check ignition and may God's love be with you

(spoken)
Ten, Nine, Eight, Seven, Six, Five, Four, Three, Two, One,
Liftoff

This is Ground Control to Major Tom
You've really made the grade
And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

This is Major Tom to Ground Control
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today

For here
Am I sitting in a tin can
Far above the world
Planet Earth is blue
And there's nothing I can do

Though I'm past one hundred thousand miles
I'm feeling very still
And I think my spaceship knows which way to go
Tell my wife I love her very much she knows

Ground Control to Major Tom
Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong
Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you....

Here am I floating round my tin can
Far above the Moon
Planet Earth is blue
And there's nothing I can do.

2:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home