TUSC

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Seemingly Profound Connection?

I left the ball in Lauren's court, and though she called me back Sunday... I never got in touch with her today. I'll take that as she's not interested, but I'll give a ring tomorrow to be sure. Gina the internet girl from the weekend wants to meet me, and that may happen tomorrow. I'll poke my head out and see what she's all about. But Wodensday seems to be the first official date with Tori. And then perhaps Friday after that. We exchanged info and after a brief phone conversation I was online w/ her until 3am last night. Tonight we wasted our cell phone batteries talking all night. Just like college! Ha! We finish sentences, we know the same stuff, like the same stuff, same humor, taste in... everything. Feels like a really good basis for ye long-terme relationshippe thus far. If nothing else, I'll at the very minimum be making another tight new friend. She's cool, I love it. Imagine talking to someone and not reading their mind, per se, but just knowing that you're both traveling on the same line. That you get one another. There's no awkwardness or dumbing it down. And I've pressed it, she doesn't lose track. She gets me. Cool! This being a RARE thing... the fact that I get her, too, is pretty neat. So Hurray for Wodensday, baby!

Ok, unless I get called to go to Florida. Not sure if I typed it here, but I signed on for the emergency response team within LCS. This is a group of volunteers who travel to dispersal points and are then sent into the fray when communities get in a bind due to disasters or other failures. To me it sounds both exciting and fun! It gets me away from my desk and will let me do some direct line commanding. I love the pressure stuff. Why? Because most people don't know what to do. For me it is instictual, and if anything EASIER than running the desk at Essex. So... I'd love to get called away on 'vacation' but just at the moment I'd rather hang out with Tor. So LCS, don't call me until Alpha hits! LOL

Tiffany hits the jackpot! No, not Powerball.... Got an e-mail from her today, so I signed on just before leaving work and consulted her for a while. She was all upset because Brian has not said the infamous words yet, and she was not sure how she could wait a year without them. I agreed with her, and pointed out some personality traits coming to bear with him and was proven to be VERY correct with my intuition that he would breach the dam soon... in fact, it was literally within 20 minutes of me signing off. Glad I could talk to her, because she was so worked up she was crying and actually starting to get really angry over the whole thing. Like why was he waiting? LOL So.... problem solved. They love each other openly. FINALLY. Do you know how sucky it is to offer support from the 3rd person and make it wholly neutral and not push a perspective one way or the other and simply offer advice and tools to work with what's there? Oy, headache and a half. But I enjoy doing it for friends and people I care about. As far as I hear, Nikki and Rob are still going pretty well, too. Good for them. If I'm lucky, I might have yet another shot this year at something really good. =)

That's about it for tonight I think. The prospect of being with just one girl, even with DC just a month and a half past, is so welcome right now. The expense of so MANY dates, trying to manage phone time, remembering who is who, scheduling my week, and remembering every minute facet of their life... it drains you of energy. It is a BLAST, but it's not exactly a vacation. Imagine the cold sweat gripping your spine when you are two minutes into a conversation with one of two very attractive girls who has just called you and you are still unable to discern which one it is? I mean, the obvious consequences of going with the wrong story (because I would never risk using a name in that situation) would end it for one of them. Phew! That was just Sunday in the middle of my drive. At first... is this Amber again? No... ok you went to your sister's for dinner.. that doesn't help... it's not Christine's area code... oh, your new group of kids tomorrow... ah, must be Gina! Phew! lol Correct!

Any single person should make the investment in a QUALITY hands-free unit, not my cheap-ass $45 POS. Definitely go Blue-Tooth. OOoooh. Forgot. I need to inquire about stepping up to a new phone, and if I can change the phone number if I move with work later on. I want to step up to a Cell/PDA unit.

OH! Got an enthusiastic YES from State Farm. They're overnighting me a whole packet of info on the venture. Talked to Chrissie tonight, and this is basically what she has been doing with Primerica. She's not that knowledgable on the subjects yet and has been doing it for half a year. This being her part-time second job right now, not full time, and she is already looking to buy a new Acura. Papa needs a new pair of shoes... for his Viper! =)

Called Lou. Got more info on the car. I'm sold. Now I just need to get these two in the driveway squared away for sale. They'd be going now anyway.

The next evening the weather is good I'll have to shoot some video of both cars... for the ad and for my own rememberances. I was hoping to get them listed this week, but I don't think I'll have them ready until next week. That will give me the weekend to wrap them up nicely in bows. Poor girls. =(

Still shocks me that I'm bidding farewell to the RS. Rosetta. Nah, I never named it. LOL But I put a lot of love into it. I still like the car for what it is, but I haven't driven it... so... she goes. I'm not going to lug her around the country with me. And the TA is FUN as hell, but more of a young college kid's car.

Did I mention? Sunday on the way out from lunch I got on Rt 9S and lined up w/ a lightly modded silver C5 like my old baby. He revved it a bit. Ha! Buddy, I know PRECISELY what parts you've added and what they get you in the 1/4. Don't even PRETEND you think you'll beat me. ;) Light went green and I launched that big black dog like I knew what I was doing. Vette pulled me a LITTLE bit as I shifted from 1st the 2nd.... have to do that so soon with the 4.10s.... but from that split-second on he was TOAST. I can only imagine the racket echoing off the Middletown streets and alleys as I went WOT to 7k on each shift. Hey, I'm selling it, what do I care? Gotta do it once.

Ok, I'm really done. Typing fool tonight. Still overtired from last night and kind of riding the happy high. Too bad Lauren seems to be dropping out, she was really sweet, but Tor has just as much promise. Gina... well... also a good person, but she's sailing 3rd to the others.

G'night y'all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tusc said...

mmm, yeah...so tough. Not all of my female friends are single now, so it won't be TOO tough.

As for the cars... well... the RS was a learning experience. Now I can do all my own work on my cars in the future and have confidence in what I'm doing. But she's just not my taste anymore, so she goes. The TA was ALWAYS only going to be a hold-over for two years until I could afford something nice again. I would have gotten a Z06 after the C5 accident, but I decided to pay off college instead. And if I had the Z06, I wouldn't be off looking at other cars. So now I am looking at "the end of the road." The GTS, this very specific one, is the most car I can get for the least money. It is my holy grail, my real-world dream car. It is exactly the car I want... color, options, mods. And the current owner is in a position where he is trying to move it below market costs. But then, he is also a private seller instead of a dealership, so it makes sense to do that. If I went for the same year car with DOUBLE the miles, I could still expect to pay an extra $20k. Since his is more than simple bolt-ons, the resale value to the general enthusiast (read: mid-life crisis crew) is shot. But since I have always been a driver, this car is precisely what I want... and instead of paying a premium for this, I am getting away with wholesale pricing! Lou and the original owner have put more than $65k combined into this car just in mods. The current combo, priced out part for part, is almost a nickle shy of $50k. The car cost $84k originally, so other people have already put over $129,000 into this car. WOW. I would NEVER do that... unless I had over $10 M =) But given the opportunity to score this world-class SUPERCAR for the price I'm targeting... worth it in spades.

When I say "end of the road"... this is precisely the car I always wanted. When I got the C5, I had the opportunity to get this GTS or a Z06 or a 911. The GTS was the one I dreamed of, but I opted for the least expensive one because it wasn't my money being spent. My salary, perhaps, but this is a grey area. But this GTS... for all the lack of time I have to go driving... would be kept in pristine condition. I'd never want for something more or something newer. She is perfect. Rare collectible color (1 of 84) and an exotic car to boot. C'est my dream car. I have so few expenses in life. I'm severely frugal.... you saw me, I even chap at spending dough on dates! LOL So after this car and whatever rent I end up with, everything else I make still gets saved. And geez, not like my salary sucks or anything anymore. Esp after January. And if I end up in bed w/ State Farm, after the training period money ain't a thing.

Oh, and if I do ever make $10 million? The only other car I like a lot (but not more than the Viper) is the Aston-Martin V12 Vanquish S. And costing more than my parents' home is probably worth, I doubt I would spend that kind of money on it.

Ok, rant off. LOL
Have a good day being a college bum.

2:33 PM

 
Blogger Tusc said...

Oh! Isn't that a rip? I went toe to toe with a guy at Foxwoods. I had a pocket pair of Jacks and got my 3rd as my second showing card. I was watching the table and keeping the law of 13 in my head and did NOT think it likely, but he managed to pull 3 Kings. However, I had one table clued to my game... and then I switched up on them. Like, YOU would know I was screwing around, but they didn't. I hesitated, thought.... played w/ my chips... alright, I'll call. Next round raised and tossed $25 out arrogantly. It came down to me and one woman who NEVER pushed unless she had a 'sure thing'. Well, it turned out that my sure thing beat hers because I had a full house... Queens over 10s. =) I wish I had more time to practice. I got hooked up w/ a great site online where you play other people with fake money. You can also play for cash, but I'm not about to do that. I'm strong in knowing when I don't have a prayer and when I know I have it locked up. What I need to learn are the finer points in between... knowing the cards, what's been played, what the odds are, and how strong my suit is versus someone else's likely pair. I'm focusing on predicting everyone's hand and doing well enough for a rookie. Paul was actually impressed. I was just glad I didn't get detroyed.

Sista dear, it appears that Bob-bert "may" be able to come down on Sat. Interested? It's all up in the air still, but I should have a firmer idea by tomorrow.

Take Care,
Brett

9:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home