TUSC

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Fri / Sat

Yesterday at lunch I was flipping through some sites online and ended up grabbing some tickets at the last minute for the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Having their main Christmas CD, I knew roughly what to expect for the music.... but I must say that the show itself was AMAZING. One of the best presentations I have seen in respects to the musicians, but also the lazer light show was KICK-BUTT!! =) So I treated Tori and my folks to a $300 evening on me. It rocked SO much... and it seemed they were never going to stop playing. One cool thing they did later in the evening was pretty cool... they had everyone take out their cell phones and turn them on to hold up. Suddenly the whole stadium was filled with blue light! =)

Stopped at the Diner in Cromwell on the way back and had 'breakfast' before going back to Tori's. My gosh, the past 48 hours have been a blur. But I woke up to hear Pam's family there moving her out, so I helped with the TV and wished her good luck now that she's graduated. Said a potential g'bye to Naima in case I don't see her before she goes home to Trinidad & Tobago over the holiday break.

Und zen? SHOPPING! LOL I hit up Harry & David's, Williams & Sonoma and... well... every shop at West Farms. Then hopped back over to W. Hartford center to grab a few things (and to browse for clothing) before hitting Ocean State Job Lot for some stocking stuffers.

I am SO close to being done. BUT... I cannot for the life of me come up with the 'perfect' gift for Tori. It's driving me crazy. What would be appropriate vs. over the top? She's an awesome girl, and I know she'd be happy with anything I gave her. But I still want to go that extra length. Priced out a combination of jewelry based upon her birthstone of sapphire, but I don't think I want to go that big. Maybe a nice set of earrings.... and then I'm thinking a nice jacket.... and then I'm thinking a nice shopping spree to VIP or the PenBo. OH! Roqy came back to Tori's place last week after a trip to PenBo... she showed us an assortment of the things she bought... most of it kinda Blah, but she had a sweet set of white hooker boots. LOL She and Tori have the same sized feet, so Tori tried them on with her new black dress.... not too shabby! LOL Though she was probably standing about 6'4" But I'm thinking a gift from a place like that would probably be best as a gift card since most people like to pick and choose.

On a saddish note.... =( .... yeah, why did I save this for the end? My Gram has forfeited the Christmas celebration. This year and for the future, Christmas will now be held at my house. =( Apparently, last night she called my Uncle crying because she knew she was unable to host it anymore. =( That is SO SO sad. I heard about it today while shopping and it sapped my holiday mood. Poor Gram. But she will be our guest of Honor.

Well... I have a LOT of wrapping to do today. I also need to clean the den, which has the appearance of an Iranian bomb-manufacturing shack. I don't know what plans are in store for tonight. Tori is home on the shoreline now, off picking a Christmas tree with her parents and brothers. My Uncle has invited everyone last-minute to his party tonight with the other half of his family. I'll have to see. I'd love to see Tori and find the chance to show her Hubbard Park! =)

But while it is still light out, I think I will go pay my respects to my grandfathers.

May the best spirit of the season find purchase in all your hearts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home