TUSC

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Clarendon Ballroom / Pentagon

Had a good time last night. Got out of work, ironed some clothes while waiting for some chicken and pasta to cook, and even took a short nap before heading out across the city. The evening's destination was a night club called Clarendon Ballroom. I don't know if it has a big rep or not, but it was a great time. The second floor dance floor was closed last night, so everyone was bustling up on the rooftop. This made for a good atmosphere. Drinks weren't TOO overpriced at $3.25 a bottle, and I made sure to grab a couple of rounds.

The group for this evening consisted of Jami (25yo IT professional, Polish/Italian, skinny and toned and a definite 10), her sister Kim (24yo CPA, more Italian looking, skinny and a definite 9), and a new person, their friend Genoviese (sp?) (works for USPS and moving to NY this weekend, a blazing 8). So right off the bat you know I'm enjoying myself. Not that I was out looking for a connection, just hanging out having some beers and talking really. Was pretty nice. Met a couple of other people over the night, had more beers, and basically enjoyed the evening out on the roof. Very cool, especially with a nearly full moon rising overhead. The back of the patio turned into an impromptu dance floor after a while, and had you been there you would have seen me cutting quite the proverbial rug! Yes, I need to get better shoes than my tan Bostonians for this type of thing. My feet were HURTIN' by the time we left.

And so, after another fun night "chillin' in the club, sippin' on some bub" we called it quits around 11. On the way home from Arlington I hopped on 395 and... you guessed it... went right past the Pentagon! That creature of lore! This time, however, I managed not to drive past it 5 times successively while attempting to reach my destination. That was good. I was tired and still a bit buzzed. I'm going to have to dig up a new crew in CT to hang with like this. Everyone I know is no longer single and not really looking to hit the clubs like this. Ok, and I refuse to hang with Larry. =P

Tonight? Off to dinner and then to see Raiders of the Lost Ark on an outdoor screen. Tres cool. Wish I had thought of it earlier, because last weekend they played Prisoner of Azkaban! D'oh!

Ooooh, must pack car! Remind me! Also must call to schedule a haircut. I am one scruffy-looking dude at the moment. Need to get shorn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home