TUSC

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Christmas Shopping & Stomach Pain

I suppose some people might hold the opinion that the two topics can be one and the same, but not for my purposes here.

I just finished the majority of my shopping for the year. The only two people who still elude me in terms of that "perfect gift" happen to be Tori and my mom. Well, I have mom's main gifts done, just need some smaller stuff. For Tori it's the reverse, I have some smaller items but can't figure out or decide what to get for a good main gift. Ponder ponder... I'll have to go hit some stores to jog the old ponderer. And then I have to work on an even tougher list... the stuff I want. There's not too much on the list this year, maybe just phone accessories.

But I might not be getting out of the house until tomorrow. This marks the second day that I am laid up with intestinal self-destruction. I believe I have identified the culprit as the Planter's Dry Roasted peanuts. They are the only common thread between yesterday and today. And right now I feel like the guy in Alien who has the critter pop out of ribcage... just aim for the mid stomach...hmm, maybe the one from the end of Spaceballs is more accurate. LOL! I'm trying to laugh it off. I'm just glad it's not a bug I can pass off to anyone.

And to close with some humor...

Before I went for Round 2 with the peanuts, I went out for a cigar with the father unit. We're out there talking business and keeping Star entertained with the tennis ball and my stogie burned out. I had to go in the corner by the kitchen door to light it without the match extinguishing and while I felt the wave of heat wash up my face, it wasn't hot enough to hurt me or give pause. Well.... I was wondering why, when I blinked, was my right eye 'sticking'. Turns out I burned my eyelashes a little bit so the tips are now blonde and two on the lower side turned upwards and work like velcro on the upper ones when I blink. LOL

And yes, I feel moronic. =) Come on now, who DOES these things? LOL Major D'oh! I look like something out of Clockwork Orange with one eye dark and one eye light.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tusc said...

Interesting article. I've read of or seen the other adaptations mentioned, but the silly string is a pretty good common sense one they came up with. Go troops!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061206/ap_on_re_us/silly_string_to_iraq_1

9:18 AM

 
Blogger Tusc said...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061206
/ap_on_re_us/silly_string_to_iraq_1


(just piece the link together)

9:18 AM

 
Blogger Tusc said...

So I went to see the doc today and found out that my 14 weeks of sinus and junk have been brochitis. Now I've got a week of antibiotics and several weeks of inhaler regimen to abide by. Yay. Better than being sick through the holiday.

3:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home