TUSC

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

NYC & The Lion King = Très Impressionnant!

The drive down was easy, given that Rt 15 is an infinitely better selection for entering the city than 95. I managed to snap a few photos on the way in and out of the city. One was of a large ad stretched across the side of a building for the new Corvette. It was a matte black background with the Corvette emblem at the bottom and the simple slogan across the center reading: "SORRY, WE CAN'T ACCEPT SOULS AS PAYMENT." I am considering a lawsuit against GM for emotional pain after my car accident... LOL

The other cool shot was from the lounge where we had lunch over Times Square. I took a great picture of the main street there leading towards where the ball drops on New Year's. I am in the process of installing my new mega-printer... did I mention I bought a new printer? Anyway, when I'm set and get a few chores and exercising doen around here I will attempt to figure out how to post pics again and FINALLY give you some recent shots to view. Are the natives happy? Ye'd best be!

The Lion King, itself, was an excellent play. The musical score was the same lively tunage composed by Elton John for the original movie. The singing was on par for Broadway... not opera-esque, but better than any crap on American Idol (though the dude with the funky beard thing does pretty well on that show.) What stole the afternoon for me was the visual effects for the play and the impressive use of costuming/puppetry. Definitely a play I would recommend to others. So.... just quit your jobs like me and spend your days wandering the streets of NYC like a beat poet. Ha!

Job news... waiting to hear back from Ashlar Village now. Not much else.

Off to figure out the mega-printer. I just got an HP 7410. It slices, dices, dehydrates, purees and pretty much changes the laws of physics. No, but it does print, fax, copy and scan. It also can print digi-shots directly and has a wireless function, so I can put it anywhere in the house and print from my PC. Handy, no? My inner (hell, it's wide open to all of you) geek is very pleased with this purchase.

Geek on! =)

3 Comments:

Blogger Tusc said...

FREE NIPPLES FOR ALL!!!

-Foamy

3:02 AM

 
Blogger Tusc said...

Yeah... still no pics. Spent the night tearing apart ALL my old music and game cd cases, rewiring the den, alphabetizing cds, playing with the new "media center" as I have dubbed it, and I spent the last 20 minutes before bed watching videos on Kontraband... so there!

Look, I'll make a deal... I will sit down and at least crop the photos by Sunday. LOL

Going to Tori's tonight, then all night with 100+ people playing Texas Hold 'Em tomorrow. Saturday will be busy... so Sunday seems like my first shot at relaxation time in front of ye olde PC.

The pics really aren't top of my importance list. They ARE worth posting though, so I'll get on it.

6:10 PM

 
Blogger Tusc said...

Oh... and my other new toy is pretty wicked. Its a new DVD burner with LightScribe technology. What that means is that I now put a DVD in, burn it, flip it over, and then burn a grayscale image of my choice into the top of the disc. Very handy! No more scribbly black Sharpy pen marks! =)

6:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home