TUSC

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Fate Conspires

Today was absolutely CLASSIC. I'm still laughing at myself!

First - de-iced the car and went to get in the driver seat (after already loading my paperwork and suit jacket in the back) and the driver door is frozen shut like last week. I pound around the edge of the door to break it loose. No luck. So I pull on the handle like a large angry ape and no luck. Now I pound HARD on the door, but to no avail. I finally give the door a firm shove/kick with my foot. NADA! GRRRRR! Now I'm paying close attention to the frame of the door...you know, I don't see any ice down in there. Only now do I realize that all this time I have been fighting with a LOCKED DOOR... the lock had stuck in the cold weather. LOLOLOL

Second - en route to work and the truck in front of me has not cleared his roof... a MASSIVE sheet of ice and snow goes airborne and managed to get some serious hang time before coming down directly in the middle of my hood about 4 lengths back. With traffic encroaching, I couldn't do anything to avoid it. I haven't looked for damage yet.

Third - An hour or so before end of the day and I have nothing left to do. Options are be bored, draw, write, or take a walk and see if I can help some other people or departments somehow. I opt to go try to help people out. So I head back towards the staff area and my jacket swished the door frame.... which apparently had JUST been painted, but there were no signs in place. Brown jacket... cream 'pinstriping'... NOT the best match. Thankfully, the paint was water-based so I doused the jacket and split early to run to the dry cleaners. It should be ok, but I won't find out until Thursday.

That's been it.... LOL. Kind of a funny day! =)

Though I could SO go for a drink right now. If drinking were like sex, then I've been celibate for FAR too long now! Somebody give me a sympathy ..... um, shot? Keg? Whatever, I'm not picky. =)

Oh, also took care of the parents' anniversary gift.... got a copy of a picture of them taken at Kelly McCurdy's wedding. =) Also got a copy of one with me and my friend Liz.

Ok... that's all I've got. I know T is EVER so eager to read and post. Ta! =)

2 Comments:

Blogger Tusc said...

"evilily".... you get this from just 4 Vodka and crans?

1:37 AM

 
Blogger Tusc said...

I know. As evidenced by my post, I am feeling a bit high and dry myself. I designate this weekend DRUNKFEST '06! Well no, I don't enjoy drinking to that extreme. Particularly when it usually takes large volumes of liquid for me to reach that extent. However, I probably have the tolerance of a 2 year-old now.

Go take your shower, babette. I'll see you after class. =) Rowr!

10:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home