TUSC

Friday, January 13, 2006

I Guess This is Postworthy: Happy 100k to Vicki !!

No, I don't mean Tori. We get a lot of miles, but not THAT many in so short a time! The Crown Victoria crossed the threshold en route to work this morning. I had been watching for it for several days but did not get to see the roll.... must have happened around when I got on the connector. Anyway, I made sure to pat the dashboard affectionately and give it a well-intentioned pep talk, "You're a good car. I abuse you more than I should, but you take it and keep going. I think you're due for a good cleaning and an oil change... maybe even some new shoes." And with that, I put the issue to bed. I mean, no reason to make her all self-conscious over an additional digit before the decimal point.

It's funny though, on Tuesday JUST as I sat down to lunch with my directors we were informed of a car being stuck in our entryway carport. I went out and one of our residents' cars would not start. It was interesting because it was a silver 99 Crown Victoria exactly like my own. While I could not get it to start (security system malfunction) I WAS able... fully regaled (sp) in my favorite suit... to PUSH the nearly 4500 pound car into a parking spot. In fact, it was surprising easy because once I got it moving I didn't realize we were on a slight decline.... and she picked up speed!!!! Took my WHOLE force to slow and stop that puppy and not run clear into the snow bank. LOL

What else has been going on? Not too much, actually. Just more stuff at work. Holiday party. Kevin was made an Executive Director. I congratulated him, but I was thinking to myself.... what has HE done? I was the one who put a stop to Brian's games and brought him back to the team. I was the one who caught a $36,000 mistake in the budget. I was also the one who Kevin used to "pad" the budget since I was entered as an Associate from Day 1 but onyl paid as an Assistant. That's a $22,000 difference for budgeting purposes. Quite a pad! I was also the one who decided to hire Thomas as the new F&B Director, as well as training him in the specific needs of the community. Couple this with ALL the projects I did... projects which Kevin could NOT do while being so busy signing checks. Granted, at the end he WAS busy with construction details... but those were random and sparcely scheduled meetings. Perhaps twice a month. Who did all the residents and staff recognize as the "Go-To" person? Who did they also recognize as the one who got things done, and who ventured out from the office at least twice daily to make rounds, keep in touch with the community at large. I have also always traditionally been among the first on-hand in the case of emergencies. Kevin has never responded, unless the State showed up for our inspection. I know from my wording I sound angry, but I'm not really. Frustrated, certainly... but mostly at the politics in this region. The gmaes which have been played. I look at Kevin and I see him simply trying to survive in this system. Whereas I look at the two females I have worked with and see nothing but games and politics. There is a significant difference between a leader and a manager. While I don't feel I yet have the experience to consider myself a true leader, I know I have the moral and social qualities which cannot be taught. Yeah, frustrated.

However!!! I was hearing some inside dope on a community in Bridgeport which is likely or perhaps actively going into receivership... 3030 Park in Bridgeport. The Executive Director there was hooked up. Lived in a penthouse on the property free of charge. Ok, cool. But may e facing criminal charges because of housing family members in the health center who were on Medicaid (for those who are destitute, it pays the essentials and no extra....) and he had given them private rooms and private aides. VERY pricy deal... So other than doing that and not really managing the community, he'd be ok. Here's the kicker. Salary? $245,000 =) Hey, send me in there! I'll take a 50% cut of that TODAY. Where do I sign? Legality is not a question with me, and I've already been in a community of dire straits this summer at Collington. No stranger to the fix it and build it setting. Or perhaps it is the 'start from scratch' approach?

The only time I've heard of or seen salaries below the 100k mark in this field has been when LCS has been referenced or when a smallish SNF is the topic. LOL

Ok, that's all I have for today. Everyone happy? Hope so! Have a great weekend! =)

1 Comments:

Blogger Tusc said...

Tori was MEAN to me today... =( I was on IM and she started saying things that made me red in the face. Of course, I wasn't angry.... just frustrated that I couldn't walk around the office for several minutes without being the focus of attention. LOL Ah, suits.

That's all. Wrapping up a quiet, but productive Friday and am slightly bored at this point. Someone want to post here?

3:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home