TUSC

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas to All ! = )

Yay! 'tis Christmas! There is so much to write, but I've not had the time.

First, I met Mo (Melissa) and Antonio (and a ton of other people) at her Christmas party Thursday night. They rented the loft at Room 960, a comfy little lounge on Main St essentially a few doors down from City Steam. I got the official nod of approval. All her friends love me. Coincidentally, so does Tori. She spilled the news this week. =) Me, too. We click like who knows what.

Christmas Eve dinner at my house was something new, but I think we pulled it off pretty well. My only regret is that I forgot to bring Tori over to Hubbard Park, but that can be remedied perhaps tomorrow or later in the week. Matt and Suzanne left early, but he looked to be in a fair mood considering the loss of his best friend, Jon who was killed by that plow just last week. Little Matthew continues to be my favorite. Is that wrong? NOPE! He is only 2.5 years old, but he conducts himself and speaks better than his 5 year old cousin. Trevor and Kayleigh are just as much fun though.

Let me see... I gave them my gifts to open before Matthew had to leave. He opened his HUGE can of Linkin' Logs and became INSTANTLY attached. He LOVED them in a way I've not seen a kid love a toy before. Pretty cool. Trevor, of course, was in his element playing Half-Life 2 on the PC and later 'dueling' me with Lightsabers. LOL Taught him some good moves. I gave him the pre-played-with race track and he was also very excited by his gift. So were his father, his grandfather, my dad, Kayleigh Tori and myself. We ALL took turns seeing how fast we could get the cars to go without blowing off the track. Kayleigh actually liked the gift I gave her. What a shock! My gift giving intuition with her has been hit or miss, but she wouldn't put down her Cabbage Patch doll (named Tori!) all night... even when she passed out... wearing a gas mask. Yes, a three year-old girl wearing a gas mask and brandishing a blue lightsaber. LOL

Made me feel good to see them so happy. =)

Let me see... Tori gave me a disposable camera labeled 'Click!'. Inside joke. I also got a pink box from Victoria's Secret... which she probably should have had me open in front of the group for comedic effect... but the content was a Guinness baseball cap. =) Also got an interesting unmentionable 'connect the dot' book. LOL Kinda funny. Oh! And Shelley got me the Dane Cook: Retaliation CD Set! YES! =)

Wonder of wonders... at one point in the evening we were visited by jolly old Saint Nick! He went jogging around the house and the kids went NUTS. Funny, he looked a lot like my uncle. But as he was heading down the driveway I taunted little Trevor saying, "He's not moving fast, I bet you could catch him!" =) Needless to say, it made the whole event FAR more entertaining because now Little Trevor was trying to evade everyone in order to catch Santa. He even tried unlatching a window!

That's all the stories for now, people. I'm heading to bed so I can come back in a few hours and peel that pesky paper off all my cool new stuff (even if its clothing... which, sadly, is no longer such a bad thing).

Interesting Factoid: Peter Billingsley, who plays Ralphie in my FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MOVIE, was also a co-producer for the recently-released Zathura.

Goodnight, everyone. Merry Christmas! =)

1 Comments:

Blogger Tusc said...

Oh yeah, and I gave little Trev my digi-cam for about half an hour. He went nuts and now I have a slew of interesting pictures of life 'As seen from the height of a 5 year old'.

I took the chance to shoot about an hour of footage between several combined clips. Good stuff!

2:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home