TUSC

Monday, August 07, 2006

New Dreams

Over the last two days I have made a point of tarrying in bed in the morning to try and finish up my dreams. They've been somewhat long and fun, but aren't much for reading into the future. Last night I had a pretty strong deja vu while sitting at my computer, too. What made NO sense in a dream setting now makes plenty of sense. I had actually dreamed several phrases and a setting as experienced in the game Oblivion where you meet the Mythic Dawn people and they are talking about the cleansing. I just sat in my chair and was like... whoah. LOL Kinda fun. I never made a point of remembering that dream very well because I had written it off as non-prophetic due to the unreal setting.

Last night's dream was cool, a chain of several unrelated links. The first portion had me in a Star Wars spacecraft (a fighter I didn't recognize) flying down to a planet. I get there are there are many others there, including some lightsaber-wielding droids. It seems we are all seeking the same thing, a sort of power. So, naturally, when you're all competing for the same thing a fight breaks out. Dark Anakin and Obi-wan were there, in fact I may have been Obi-Wan. I heard his voice emanate from me as they went, offering Dark Anakin (pre-leg loss evil, but not overtaken by the Dark Side) advice under pressure as they fought together against the waves of enemies. This part was fun but tense... i.e. - high adrenaline as 'actual' lightsabers are flying around me. We made it into a type of cave of dark stone and that's where that dream seemed to fade out.

The next dream may be a continuance, but I was now a different character. Myself and another guy are in an installation seemingly underground. The successive rooms that made up a long promenade with doors are all carved from smooth onyx stone. It is cool and dry here. In each successive room or hall along the way there is a door on the left. Behind the doors are all sorts of different things. Me and the guy I'm with finally realize that in this place whatever you imagine is made reality. So I jokingly thought of something, then opened the door and said... "Well, I AM captain of a starship..." LOL ;) If you don't know that reference, ask me. So we laughed and then I gave flying a shot. I hadn't consciously decided how flying would work, so I had to 'figure it out'. It wasn't quite Superman style, it was mostly flying forward at an angle. But when I went flat-out, it did require my hands and arms to control it. Kinda fun. Shortly thereafter I found myself walking back along the 'hallway' with a woman who I felt was in control of the operation. She looked like Judy Dench, and had a no-shit attitude. Very practical and outspoken, mannish for a woman. Perhaps why I thought of Judy Dench? I guess she reminded me a lot of one of my favorite Board Members at Pomperaug. But in this case the person was asking me candidly how I thought she would be able to maintain her position after what she deemed a failure for some reason. I didn't even know what was going on, but I offered her my support and said no one could have expected any better under the circumstances. Again, no idea what we were referencing.

So now we were leaving and it becomes clear that we are part of some Air Force task force. We go to get on the plane, but embark on these little two-person platforms that are linked end-to-end with one another. It appears that they are loading pallettes of a sort for a cargo aircraft. I presumed we would be loaded inside the craft, but suddenly the plane began moving while we're outside behind it. I and my female companion were worried, but then the tail reconfigured as it gained speed and we no longer felt any wind resistance. Cool! So we're flying now, and the plane (with dozens of us attached BEHIND IT) angles back towards a hangar and someone says we have to pick up the mail. Apparently, this involved flying THROUGH the hangar and out to one side through plastic drapes like you might see on a restaraunt freezer door. Weird, but cool. So now we're just flying along and conversation turns to bras and, well, the rest was fun!

The last dream sequence took place in my kitchen. It was nearly pitch black and there was a candle burning on the counter. In the room are an Inuit eskimo complete in furs, some stringy looking guy, his skinny asian or eskimo girlfriend, myself by the dining room door, and Brad Pitt in the corner of the oven and sink. Ok... STRANGE. I've never before had a celebrity appear in a dream. Not sure they belong there! As it turns out, me and this other guy are on some survival tv show. We're to be dropped in the wilderness in freezing weather with only a little food and we must survive and trek out, likewise we are going to be hunted by the Inuit guy. Not cool. To make it worse, when we start out our hands will be bound by these bracer/handcuff things made of what looked like thick chords made of bamboo of all things. A pretty tough thing to get out of! So the other guy starts complaining about it. I'm just upbeat and eager, like... Let's Go! So he keeps being down in the mouth and I make a few comments about the guy, and Brad laughs. Then the guy's girlfriend starts busting his stones, too. Ok, now we get dropped off in some snowy woods with civilization far out of reach. The other guy is off somewhere else. The hunt is on. I have enough food to start with, more than I need. I take a 3-day supply and decide to bury the rest of it when I find a metal Ayleid cask. (Oblivion reference) So I'm trekking out of there. My thought is that I know we're being hunted, so instead of just moving and getting nabbed, I try to circle back after several miles. Meanwhile, the complainer guy gets nabbed by the hunter. He gets put back in the cuffs, has all of his food taken, and is left again in the woods. That just SUCKS. So I thought I was all smart trying to hunt the hunter... turns out, not so smart. I get chased, end up sliding down an icy embankment and into a river. I manage NOT to get caught, but now I'm freezing. Good thing I stashed some food, because what I had is floating downstream. I go back to where I buried everything and am lucky it has not been found or taken. I decide not to try making a fire since that would surely bring the hunter down on me. Since I had already begun a decent hole in the ground, I pull my food out of it and make enough room for myself, then pull as much dirt back in on top of myself as possible. So now I'm in this comfy hole and insulated with plenty of soft dirt (not rocky like at home) and begin warming up. The dirt also helped wick away most of the moisture from the river. I stayed here like this for quite some time, top of the cask over my head like an overturned bowl. I placed it there, which was still 'down' a bit from ground level, and had brought some dirt in around the edges. I was hoping, though I didn't know if it would work, that by putting the dirt there it would break up my exhaled air and not show my warm breath in the crisp air. When I am warmed up and dry enough, and have eaten a bit of my food supply... I climb back out and get moving again. The hunter had searched for me quite a bit but had had no luck, especially since I had sat still instead of moving or lighting a fire. If I had made a fire, he would have found me. And if I had kept moving to get warm, he would have caught a trail eventually. So I lucked out and he moved on, eventually getting the other guy again - which ended the contest for him since getting caught twice meant elimination. Meanwhile, I had not been caught yet and was moving towards our destination again. Since the hunter had caught the other guy, I also had a lot of lead time now to get where I needed to go. So it all looked good, but that was the end as I woke up around that time. I should also note that the hole where the food (and later myself) was buried was at the base of an overturned tree, under the root bulb that had ripped out of the ground. Not only did it provide a wind break, but a break in terms of line of sight from one whole side, a decent dip in the ground to likewise not be seen, and fairly loose dirt for me to dig easily. It just seemed like a good idea. Anyway, that's all I've got for dreams from last night. We'll have to wait and see what comes in the next episode.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tusc said...

So I see touches from... my neighbor's tree falling, playing too much Oblivion, watching Episode 3 the other night, remembering a real-life survival show (just one guy stranded on his own, no hunters - pretty cool show, but I forgot what channel). As for the flying gig and the Onyx rooms? Not a clue. The, uh, end of the flying section can be easily guessed at though since Tori is far far away. Perhaps her being in Alaska is what triggered the escape and evation sequence? And, of course, still no explanation for Brad Pitt hangin' out. Maybe he was the host for the show? Or maybe it's cuz Tori looks like Angelina Jolie sometimes?

11:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home