TUSC

Monday, July 24, 2006

Cool Runnins, Mon!

Firstly, BLARG! The internet is moving at a snail's pace today. Its amazing how annoying such a simple occurrence as this can be. Similar to how going back to using an old computer, or a 15" monitor feels totally awkward. Ok, glad that's out of the way.

Made the mistake of staying up too late last night reading. It was really quite fully today before I forced myself to wedge the bookmark in into its newest nook and put the book away. The overly-early alarm was unwelcome, but I forced myself "over the top" and out of the waterbed. Ug. =P

Tori's commute to work is rather nice. I had no idea it was as close as it was to a CCRC I had applied to several years ago. I wonder if they're looking for a new Admin? Comparing 15 to 84... both are two-lane roads with near-permanent construction zones, likewise they are both prone to congestion and the typical stop and go traffic of rush hour. But on 15 it's all a little slower and the scenery is admittedly more impressive with the artistic old bridges and the umbrella of trees all around you. Driving on 84 has its share of woodsy views, but they're hard to notice as you and the next person are going 90 miles per hour while within inches of one another, jockeying for position. I SO don't miss that. I think the only taxing aspect to commuting on 15 is the constant braking.

The Devil Wears Prada....
Interesting results! I admit, I had not seen or read previews and knew not what it was about. I cast it aside in my mind once I heard the bag name. Silly me! Went to see it yesterday with Tori and we were both surprised: She in that it wasn't what she expected, and I in that ....it wasn't what I expected! I liked it! =) A good film about ambition tempered by morals, as well as some of the extreme appearances and personalities that perch on the thrones of power. I am generally not a huge Meryl Streep fan. I mean, I hear the name and I don't go "oh, she's great!" But she played a commanding role (no pun) in her portrayal of Mrs. Miranda Priestly. The ultimately scary thing is that I KNOW people, thankfully only a few, who are by varying degree very much like that character. Blah blah blah, anyway - good movie.

Oh, and so I go down and help Tori drop off the Subaru for some work yesterday, then we hit up Shaw's so she could fill her shelves. We get there and ran into the entire Couture clan. LOL We bumped into Leigh's sister, who I admit I did not recognize. Both she and Tori greeted each other rather friendily (is that a word?). I didn't know who she was and assumed she was some cute girl who lived in the complex or who maybe worked with her. LOL Yes, I am QUITE attentive. In my defense, the only other time I met her she was in sweats and hadn't done her hair up. I was also mostly busting my ass at the time helping to move as much of her sister's heavy items as possible so no one else had to worry about it. But, YIKES!, by the end of the aisle we ran across the sister. Tori didn't see, but I just kept going, thinking to myself.... Jesus Christ, I do everything I can to AVOID this person - I can't even go see my own god-damned girlfriend because I don't trust this one's emotional state (or anything else about someone who lies that much) - and that person HAS to be shopping at the same time. Pure coincidence, I know, but it's like I can't get far enough out of range of this person (or perhaps far enough DOWN range to be out of her sights!).

Apart from that, the rest of the weekend was really great! Even the rain was ok in my book, though I welcome today's sunshine and non-humidity! =) Being that it's almost 1, I might go read outside for half an hour and get some sun on these pale bones.

Have a good Monday! (and the rest of the week, of course) ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Tusc said...

Hey Shelley, when are you coming home? There's being a guest and then there's bein' a total MOOCH. You moochy! =P

Hope you're having fun playing house. ;) LOL

12:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home