TUSC

Monday, May 21, 2007

Monday!!!

AH! Monday snuck up on us again. Someone remind me to go get my dad a birthday gift before Thursday. Gram, too.

It was fun to have everyone down this weekend. Good food, friends and experiences. Except for Andrew, who was plagued with problems getting his copy to work correctly for the first hour or so. After that, plenty of fun was had. I'm just 65 points from Lt. Col. Gold now. Woo!

Not many dreams over the weekend, but then last night came a long single dream where I, as a younger person, woke in the middle of the night to noises outside. I looked out to see lights dancing through the sky and it took me a while to realize that the lights were actually two alien ships in some sort of dogfight. One was shot down and it came down, hit the mountain in a big burst, and parts of it careened into our back yard.

My family wasn't my family, just some people, so I wasn't so concerned for them. I was TERRIFIED for myself. But I still investigated the crash. There were no bodies in the section which landed by me. I don't know what I took, but whatever it was was of some importance because I saw the 'bad' aliens on the mountain ridge scouring for it. They were not the little bi-pedal greys or greens of popular lore, but much larger with two primary walking legs and two secondary leg/arms and moved in the fashion of a gorilla, just much faster and with grace. Their head was elongated and bulbous and had a wide flat fan of bone behind it which was rather large. Around the time they began coming down the hillside, I started panicking and ran to the house for keys. I must have been sub-16 since I did not have my own car. The aliens were moving SO fast, that I knew I had no time for socks or shoes. Of course, it being a dream, I NEVER considered just dropping the item I had taken. LOL To make a long story short, I ended up talking to a family friend in the dream who owned a pawn shop. I brought the item to him, probably to find out what it was worth. In the dream, he traded me a large golden flower pot with intricate inscriptions. The character actually had the face of an actor I recognized... the guy usually plays crazy characters or war vets. Not a great actor, but an entertaining one. If I remembered a movie he was in, I would imdb him. Anyway, later in the dream it comes out that he is one of the head researchers on a top secret program to unlock to secrets of alien technology and develop new weapons. I wasn't supposed to, but I witnessed him conversing with a colleague and it turns out they could form shift. Parts could fold over one another and move in ways which would break a normal person's bones. This was my first insight into the potential danger I was in, and I ceased to trust that character. So I took off with the gold flower pot, which I now realized bore some interesting similarities to the object I had taken. He must have changed it's form. He had also given me the keys to a car and told me to keep going. By now I puzzled out that he had done something inappropriate and was part of the rogue group who shot the aliens down. They had had an agreement, which was now in danger of being destroyed unless the object was returned. So I figured out that he was using me to hide it from everyone involved. even if they pressed him, he wouldn't really know where it was. Stupid me, I decided to break into the high security unit where they did experiments and I was able to witness the test-firing of some new weapon or energy device. It started as one form and then parts of it shifted back, changing angles and shapes stretching into eternity down a tunnel while the stationary end began to glow. What its purpose was obviously eluded me, but in hearing comments it was deemed a failure. It was close to now that I woke up, so the story is over for the time being. Perhaps I'll pick it up again someday.

Feel free to analyze my dreams any time. I tend to ignore the ones like this which are almost too rich in storyline content and focus more on those based on current themes.

Have a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home