TUSC

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Slow Saturday Night

Damn, staying in on a Saturday night really SUCKS. That's all I have to say about that. I need more friends who live nearby and who aren't married yet. LOL

This morning and afternoon were fun though. Originally, it was going to be myself, Paul and Jimmy going toe to toe over at On Track Karting in Wallingford but Jimmy bailed. Wife interjected and made him stay home. Poor bastard. I'm sure she's nice on her own, but she's yet another wife who has decided to hate all her husband's friends. Add Jimmy to that list with Ryan, Ben and to some extent Brian, though Pria doesn't hate his friends... she just keeps him wrapped around the finger with her father's affluence.

Ok, I'll shut down the wife rant. LOL The karting was a really surprising experience. I knew the karts would be swift, but I wasn't expecting them to be as powerful as they were. I have no idea quite how fast they went at top speed, but I estimate close to 40mph. Wow! I was losing pace with the pack initially, but once I got more comfortable with the handling I began passing a few people. Unfortunately, the dude in the #7 kart in front of me was NOT heeding the flag bearer's warning to let me pass. I was moving MUCH faster than him through the turns, but he wasn't making room for me to pass. I never hit him, but I rode close and was tempted to nudge him to the wall.... very tempting, but I play fair when it's all for fun. To everyone who reads this blog.... GET OVER THERE AND HAVE SOME FUN!

We ought to get a group together sometime and go for a few races together.

Suggestion: the force of the car in the corner comes back to the steering wheel, so if you need to it might help to improve your grip and forearm strength with some exercises.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tori said...

or you could get married and join them in miser- i mean happiness.

12:42 PM

 
Blogger Tusc said...

But whom would I marry?

And if its going to be miserable, why would I do it?

12:50 PM

 
Blogger Ninja said...

Hey! I'd like to say he has one friend who isn't misirably married and who's wife doesn't hate all his friends :)

The Karts sound like a blast. It'll have to wait until I get more strength in my knee, but does sound like fun

9:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home