TUSC

Friday, April 06, 2007

Yes, I'm still a kid inside. Yes, I think these are SO COOL!



Someone... a true genius in my estimation... thought it would be a good idea to take the weapons of our childhood heroes from cartoon, comic book and action figure lore and turn them into REAL, tangible display pieces. For $185 each, you can own the swords of Storm Shadow or Snake Eyes. And, honestly, Storm Shadow was MUCH cooler than Snake Eyes, imo. But then, I was always a fan of the Cobra team. They were mostly nameless faceless killers.... and both Cobra and the Joes had the same chronic flaw of the "elite" Star Wars Imperial Stormtroopers: They couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Damn, I wish I had seen this site before my birthday!
http://www.secure.figures.com/yojoe/catalog/

http://www.yojoe.com/

Want to know how hardcore the site is? They have a section specifically for identifying the accessory weapons and pieces from ALL years of 3.75" G.I.Joe production. Separated by color, you can then narrow it down by type and find out PRECISELY which character(s) it came with and in which year. How cool is that?


Hmmm.... off the top of my head..... and we're digging down through two decades of cobwebs here.... here is my list of favorite characters:

Dusty - just all-around cool
Firefly
Night Viper - all-purpose spec-ops
Destro - only level-headed Cobra leader
Storm Shadow - SWEET
Major Bludd - made me think of British General Monty in WW2
Zartan
Tomax & Xamot
Crimson Guard - elite troops
Eels
Hit 'n Run
Beahchead
Shockwave - SWAT-like guy
Rampart
and the two ORIGINAL blue Cobra and Cobra Officer

4 Comments:

Blogger Tusc said...

And this is just creative as all hell.

http://www.trueswords.com/advent-children-buster-sword-removable-blades-final-fantasy-p-2904.html

3:08 AM

 
Blogger Tusc said...

http://www.trueswords.com/advent-children-buster-
sword-removable-blades-final-fantasy-p-2904.html

cut it in two so you can copy/paste easier

3:09 AM

 
Blogger Tori said...

are you an 8 year old in a 28 year old's body?

12:46 PM

 
Blogger Tusc said...

Pretty much. Aren't we all?

3:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home