TUSC

Friday, October 20, 2006

I Was Fooled..... a movie review




Both of the movies pictured above with linked trailers below are great in their own respect. They both have a strong cast, creative directors/producers, and an excellent story. More amazingly, BOTH of them fooled me.

As Tori will readily proclaim, I all too often spoil movies in my ability to predict or figure out the entire film before the first few minutes have passed. But both of these movies either surprised me or lead me to a neutral point where I had considered the end but had been given enough disparate information to not select that outcome without reserve.

All I'm saying is that they are both DEFINITELY on the list for my DVD collection. I'm not going into any specifics because I really don't want to affect your first viewing of these films. If you've seen one or the other, I invite you to discuss them with me. The Departed was great in its storytelling and the topic. The Prestige was likewise great, but it also led you down a murky path as you tried to piece together the disseminated details to the story.

The one thing I will say is that as the credits were rolling I realized that Hugh Jackman's character WAS correct in his claim that his level of commitment and sacrifice was greater. See the movie, think about it, then tell me why.

Pretty cool. I want to go see them both again, but 'Flags of Our Fathers' comes first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home